Thursday, September 15, 2016

Waiting...

I am waiting.

I am waiting for stuff to arrive from overseas. It naturally takes a long time, but there are complications.

Maybe I have purchased from an internet scam!

You can't cheat an honest man. Sadly, I am not so honest. I have started some internet research on parts. I have even joined Alibaba and successfully purchased stuff from Shenzhen China!

However, I am waiting for my biggest parts purchase to arrive. It's not that big (less than $150.00) , so it wont be the end of the world if it is a scam, but now I have to wait.

The website:  futurlec.com
It's a complete website, with many electronic parts, and frankly cheap (but  at 1st glance believable)  prices. There it is, the pretty good price trap. Are they too good to be true? I have in another area already fallen prey to this phenomenon. Yes, it's possible I have done this before.

So, AFTER the fact I started looking to see what others think of this company. The news is mixed. The internet is so unreliable. How do you know who is telling the truth?

Anyway, there are stories that this is a completely fake company that a couple of Australian guys are making money from. There is another story that this is a Thai based company. So many different experiences. Some say they never got product. Some say it took 3 months. Some say wrong product arrived. Some (a few) say all was OK.

My experience is that their customer service (via email) is slow and unreliable. Not the worst ever, but close. We have managed to carry on conversations and theoretically they have adjusted my orders to compensate far part substitutions they needed to make.

I know one really bad thing. We agreed to a change in the order in which I would owe them $8 more than originally paid for by credit card on their site. I asked them how they wanted me to pay the extra to which they did not respond. I have recently looked at my credit card activity and THEY TOOK THE MONEY! They charged me the additional $8 all by themselves. This means they KEPT ALL MY CREDIT information. Yikes!

I received an email from them today with tracking numbers from 2 different overseas locations.It's possible all is OK and they are just a really slow company (not unlike say Comcast for example).

I am now going to check on my credit card activity pretty closely for a while. I'd hate to have to change the number, it's tied in to so many payments I make.

Maybe all will arrive safe and all this worry is for naught. It's hard to believe a website could stay up for so long and be a scam, but as I said, I've been caught once before.

allhdd.com - don't EVER buy anything from them. I have the piece of crap they sold me sitting on my desk as a reminder. Apparently not enough.

Hey, none of this is serious. If I can't laugh at it, that would be an issue.

When they stuff gets here (from this or another company) I will start working on BLINKING LIGHTS! WOOHOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment